3.10.10

Life Prep 101

This week has been intense. I mean it. And not always fun intense, either. But it had its moments.

Somewhere between the twelve lectures/sermons that we sat through (and one still to come), the outreach team assignments, the hours of worship, the late night work duties, and the even later night diner runs... I feel like I've been running around like a maniac. We've been at The Fathers Speak conference that the Life Center has had this past week, hearing from men like Che Ahn, Bishop Garlington, Larry Randolph, and finally, Bill Johnson. I've been prayed for by a lot of people, blessed by even more, and prophesied over by a very nice lady who sat next to me on Friday evening. My elbows and lower left side of my back are sore from vacuuming. I haven't found any diamonds, but I rather think that after this morning, God has already showered on me with more than enough.

And at last, I feel like I can finish my end of the summer journal. Perhaps that seems like an odd conclusion to come to after my description of my week, but at last I know for certain that I will be staying at Fire & Fragrance. As I told Sharon (my prophetic lady), October 15th is like a door and I had faith that once I reached it, it would be open, but I was still praying for it to be so. This morning, my dad informed me in what is an absolutely astonishing burst of generosity (he is increasingly so, but generally more with church than with children, which is, in all fairness, quite just), that he was intending to pay the full amount of my outreach as his tithe on a recent inheritance. Since I still have outstanding program fees, I asked if part could first go toward that, and then the remainder of the outreach could be covered through support letters to relatives and church members. But the point is: not only did God provide for the rest of my program costs, but far above and beyond to my outreach as well! Glory to God forever :)

Now that I know where I will be for the next seven months, I think my season of rain is officially over. Or at the very least, the nature of the rain has changed. And so I can seal it off well and finally. Farewell, desert wilderness. Hello, revival fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment