13.3.16

I Preserved My Good Times in a Jar

I was going back through my Instagram photos and felt such a rush of nostalgia. For the autumn light that I couldn't get enough of. The potent, intriguing fragrance and taste of lavender. Fourteen pounds of juicy red strawberries. Misty dandelion globes, red cliffs, and the sweeping farmlands of PEI. Concerts that brought me joy and concerts that made me cry, sometimes overlapping in one. And so many good times--with people who are still in my life.

I realized with the usual shock of post hoc revelation that I have enjoyed these past few years. And all the ingredients are in place, from the people I love to the person I'm challenging myself to be: here's to more good times and memories to be made, to eating good food with great people, to reading great books, to traveling to places new and old, and to embracing new challenges even when they hurt. This is my life. I'm going to make sure it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment