6.12.10

Fire and Fragrance Outreach: Team England

Team England (from left: Joy, Nick, Tyler, Samantha, Derek,
Elizabeth, me, and Shannon)
Dear family and friends,
As I write to you, I am sitting at Panera with my one-on-one (the lovely Elizabeth aka Sunshine) to whom I just retold the story of my coming to Fire and Fragrance. In the retelling of that incredible testimony, I am reminded of how good God is, and how far He will take me if I only give Him the chance.

For those of you who don't know, I have been at a Youth with a Mission discipleship training school called Fire & Fragrance, operated in Harrisburg, PA, in partnership with the Burn 24/7. I am just now wrapping up three months of lecture, so the dts portion of the school is coming to a close. It has been a long twelve weeks, but somehow I feel more refreshed now, even after the grueling climb, than I did coming into the school. We've discussed topics like Biblical worldview, evangelism, the Holy Spirit, intimacy with God, and a host of others, taught by leaders from various ministries around the United States; seen God move in Salem, Massachusetts during the annual Halloween celebration; lived by faith and ministered to approximately 450 people over the course of our three day Faith Journeys; watched flat feet get healed before our eyes; and spent nearly 100 hours in worship and prayer, ministering to the heart of God and proclaiming His will for the earth. It has been incredible to say the least. And they tell me the best is yet to come...

After a week long Christmas break, we will be diving right back into lectures with our School of Revival and Reformation. And finally, in March, we will be leaving for outreach. The entire school will be going to Harvard and Yale together, and then my team is leaving for England in early April in order to minister at Oxford and Cambridge, and in London.

It's hard to describe succinctly all that has gone into the past few months, but if there is one thing that I have learned from a missions-oriented school it is that all the bleakness of the world only serves to highlight the greatness of our God. Our nation is ripe for revival, and I hope to be a part of God's movement and work. Through our outreach, we will be living out that hope.

I am in need of two kinds of support: prayer and finances. I am asking people to partner with me in prayer for the three months of outreach, beginning March 8th and going through May 20th (approx. dates). If you are willing to do so, please let me know and give me your email address. I'll be mailing updates regularly throughout the course of the trip with testimonies and prayer requests.

Regarding finances, the projected cost of the trip is between $4500 and $5000. At present, I have raised $2750 of that amount, but there is still a gap to fill. Please prayerfully consider whether God might be leading you to sow into His kingdom work by helping to lessen the gap. You can either use the Donate button on the sidebar or mail it to University of the Nations (address below) clearly marked for Christy Linder, Fire & Fragrance Harrisburg. Please note that if you choose to use the Paypal option, you will not receive a tax-deductible gift receipt. If I have my facts straight, you should get one if you mail your check to the Kona campus.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and consideration. I wouldn't be here without others to make it possible, and I am so grateful for everything that has gone into bringing me to this point. If you would like to contact me, you probably found this through my Facebook so you can message me or email me at crlinder09@gmail.com. I welcome any questions or even just the opportunity to chat about life. :)

In Him,
Christy

University of the Nations
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy #433
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

No comments:

Post a Comment