15.5.10

Life Together

A joyful heart makes a cheerful face,
But when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken.
//Proverbs 15:13//

While I realize how blessed I am to have the job that I have, occasionally that point is driven home more fully than at other times. Like last night. I was near tears on the way to work just thinking about IMPACT, probably because I owned up to myself that I was in denial but would eventually have to move back into my room and unpack all of my boxes whether I want to or not. Plus, I tried to call Leah and had talked to Charles the night before, and somehow that plus the sudden plentiful nature of sleep the night before left me down.

I walked in to see the back jammed with people, a motley group composed of Debbie, Hadassah, Lia, Carl, Mandy, Bri, and Abi. The first three were rejoicing in the night crew and already feeling silly, but this one was absolutely not up for silliness. Later, when I was stocking food in the basement Hadassah and Lia jumped me and prayed for me. Hadassah also identified one of my problems: I really don't have a spiritual family here in Lancaster, and while I'm trying to find ways to pour out, I'm really lacking in people who pour into me. I told her that I wanted to get connected to a small group, but that I hadn't had a chance to pursue that yet. Apparently Corey and Carrie have one every Thursday evening at their apartment, so if I don't work that shift next week, I'll probably try to go.

"Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!"
//Nehemiah 8:10b//

No comments:

Post a Comment