19.1.11

City On Our Knees

The longer that I have been at this school, the harder it is to toss off a few lines and post them as if they are worth reading. I'm not sure if it's because He who gave me words leaves me wordless or if it's simply that I have been humbled. Probably the former, since humility is still a work in progress for me.

This week is glorious. Twelve hour prayer and worship every night from 9pm until 9am. I love Jesus. But I have also realized that I have only scratched the surface. At some point in the hectic past twelve hours, I had the sudden revelation that even though we have been spending a lot of time together over these several months and even the course of my lifetime, I have no idea who this man Jesus is. The thing about a revelation like that is that it's not cause for despair... It's the starting point of a journey. 

I know all of life is a journey, and you've heard that metaphor a million times if you've heard it once, but every recognition of the infinite depths of Christ is a hand held out, offering... more. You've walked so far, but "If you tire, give Me both burdens, and rest the chuff of your hand on My hip, / ... / For after we start we never lie by again." ("Song of Myself," pt. 46, Walt Whitman)

He is so worthy of your love. And you'll never regret the choice to choose life over existence, not when it means getting to spend the rest of your life with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment