2.1.11

Rebirth

How to explain the events of the last few days? Words fail me at times like these, unless they be from Another, who has mastery over all word, all subtle degrees of thought.

Sometimes, I go into conferences or big events with the mind set that I will do the minimum required of me and spend all spare moments resting. With this conference, I knew well in advance that I wanted to be as close to the center of the action as I possibly could, especially after a week in which we had no prayer room time together as a school. And when I sat down in the sanctuary during Burn DC's opening set, it felt like crawling into God's arms and curling up with Him for hours after being away for months. Although He is always with us, still, as with a husband and wife, our moments of deepest intimacy are not perpetual though they are the sweeter for their occasional nature.

The two days following that are a blur of sleeplessness, worship sets in the dark of the night, lattes, cleaning bathrooms, and midnight runs to Sheetz. Sean Feucht released his newest cd, Keep This Love Alive, with a worship concert thingamajig last night that was a glorious party of dancing, jumping, and laughing.

One thing we did last night that was especially poignant was to have a time for baptism within our school. Several people wanted to be baptized for the first time, some wanted to be baptized again to usher in a new season of their lives. I wasn't planning on being baptized and felt no particular conviction to do so, but as I thought over all that God had been whispering to me for the past few days, I felt like it would be a powerfully symbolic act. Above all that He has spoken rings the words, "Behold, I make all things new!" For such a God as this, I will jump in the river fully clothed and with joy, if only He will take me deeper and higher in Him.

Of course with this in mind, one of Sean's latest songs rather overwhelmed me...

Going down to the river
Gonna set my spirit free
Coming back to these waters
Gonna find myself some peace


Gonna lay my burdens down
So I can soar with You so high
Gonna cast my fears aside
As I look into Your eyes...


I will enjoy You, my God!
I will enjoy You, my God!
(x2)


Oh, I'm swimming in Your love...


May your new year be filled with the light of His countenance and the freedom of His love, and may you be fearless to leap into the river with no reservations, no holds barred, your heart wholly and forever His.

No comments:

Post a Comment