18.9.09

You Reign Forever

... Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord ...


Sometimes I get really frustrated with God. And then I write something approximating that sentence, look at it, and laugh. Because really, who am I to rush Him? He definitely has a much better perspective of my life situations than I do.

Be that as it may, there are times when I am painfully aware of Him moving in my life, as is the case right now. But not everywhere. There are places that I want Him to be doing something and in my narrow perspective, I don't think He is. And then I caterwaul about it to Him, and He laughs gently and reminds me that really, it's okay, He's got it under control. I just need to wait on His timing and hold on to hope.

------------------------

When I stopped by Lyndsay's desk this afternoon to take care of some community group business, Basie came downstairs to get his mail and in his stack was a magazine called Salvo. He recommended it to me, and, curious, I asked if I could have it right then. I have since devoured this issue and I heartily recommend it for anyone who cares about sex, science, or society, a potent mix of sibilance if you will. It is a firmly conservative magazine, but staunchly defends its stance with some intriguing evidence. In between articles that touched on global warming and an epidemic of liberal indoctrination in institutions of higher learning were a few ads that ran in the spirit of political cartoons. I include one for your edification and delight.

Super Big Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment