16.2.16

The Silence of the Wise

I just wrote a post about gerrymandering, my excitement at the prospect of Kennedy's retirement, and the childishness of our current presidential candidates. Unfortunately, the Blogger app is designed in such a way as to totally obliterate any trace of your post if you accidentally leave the app for too long, and I can't be bothered to rewrite it. In the long run, this will probably be much healthier for my friendships and it will also prevent me from publishing anything that seriously reveals my ignorance, since that seems to be the primary function of political talk.

Today's Reads:
In Conversation with Antonin Scalia by Jennifer Senior (nymag.com/news/features/Antonin-Scalia-2013-10/)
Nine Battlegrounds States That Could Flip the Senate--and the Supreme Court (http://prospect.org/article/nine-battleground-states-could-flip-senate-and-supreme-court)
Little Girl Lost by Mike Sager (longform.org/little-girl-lost)
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment